Crock pot Chili
3 One pound cans kidney beans, drained
2 One pound cans tomatoes- cut up
2 medium Onions coarsely chopped
1 Cup diced celery
1 Glove minced garlic
4-6 tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients in Crock pot in order listed above, stirring once.
2. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours (or on high for 5-6 hours)
2 lbs Ground Beef
1 Large can chunky salsa
1 med can regular salsa
1 Packet of Taco seasonings
1 Large back 3 cheese blend mexican cheese
1 Bag tortilla chips
1. Brown the meat in a large skillet, drain the fat
2. Follow directions on the back of the taco seasonings packet, adding just a smig more water.
3. Stir well remove from burner
4. Pre-heat oven to 350
5. Stir in both cans of salsa, mixing well
6. Put in a casserole dish, adding one layer cheese (thickness to your taste, we like ours cheesy) one layer chips and a final layer of cheese.
7. Put in oven just long enough to melt cheese, about 5min.
*Editors note: This Recipe can be tweaked and torqued to your liking. If you like more of a spice add in a 1/2 extra packet of taco seasonings. You may also substitute the tortilla chips for Doritos.*
Simple Italian Vegetable Soup
2 medium carrots, diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups water
1 small zucchini, diced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, water, zucchini, basil, salt, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
3.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the kidney beans, spinach, macaroni and parsley.
5.Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender.
*Garnish with cheese.*