Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Different Phases of Boys.

Recently It has been brought to my attention the different faces boys have throughout their life. Yes my oldest is only Eight years old but have noticed many different things in him.


Phase 1:
The baby

Of course all babies need/want their moms. As a first time mom we love this, no matter how insane it drives us. From early morning feeding, to late night feedings. From "haha you think I'm sleeping to Oh My God who is this person and where is my mom?" Then they finally get some sort of an  independence, in a way, which brings us to...

Phase 2:
The Independent crawler/walker

We all are so excited when our little gals and guys start crawling and walking. But that triumph is short lived the moment your little one walks away from you "that  two minutes you were gone fixing lunch" and he/she floods the bathroom by stuffing toilet paper in the sink, (or was that just me that happened too)  and you wonder why on Gods green earth you decided that your child needed to know how to walk so much earlier then all your friends kids did. As if your some kind of super mom so long as you can keep your minor flooding to a hush-hush for anyone else.

Phase 3:
The toddler

Once the toddler stage hits they get a little more independent. "Mommy I can do it!" As you sit there and impatiently wait for them to wipe their butt or tie a shoe and you hold everything back in you to not go do it yourself because you need to get to the market or you need to go check the laundry but yet you still sit back in awe as you see this tiny person you made finds a way to do things and figures out life a little more.

Phase 4:
The "Little person" (As I like to call it)

My oldest is eight years old and here I have found a few different things. Again allowing kisses, but NEVER in front of people and really your not suppose to know this. So lets keep that one on the hush-hush. He also has entered into the dare devil stage. Asking me one day if he could ride his bike down the slide into the pool. His father did some really stupid things as a kid which makes me worry a little more than I probably would. Jumping off the top of his bunk bed into piles of pillows on his bedroom floor, nearly giving me a heart attack. Catching bugs, killing spiders for me.

As I watch, or any mom watches their kids grow, I am both excited and fearful of the stages and years to come. With the ups and the downs all with love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment