Saturday, August 24, 2013

The One She Left Behind.



As many of you know I had a stray cat have babies in my laundry room last night. Mama cat and her four babies where behind my washer and water softener. They were not on any blanket at or anything soft.


After much thought I got a fish oil gel capsule smeared it on turkey to get her away long enough to place a soft blanket down. Good thinking, right? Not so much. She took one of the orange ones and took off. Apparently she thought I was trying to harm them or her. Hubby and I followed her as she ran across the front yard into my neighbors yard behind a bush. Thinking we had her I moved closer to try and get her to come back. Wrong again. She ran with the little kitty into my neighbor -Tory- backyard.

So hubby jumps the fence as I knock on their door, no answer, go across the col-de-sac to his mom house ring the bell, no answer, call him on the phone, no answer. Hubby comes back home empty handed and informed he lost her in the weeds.


After some time and me on the boughboy pool ladder with hubbys stream flashlight looking into Troy's back yard, hubby comes running into our back yard yelling "she came back, she came back." Out front we venture again and she takes off again without a baby this time. I try to follow her but not so close as I don't want her to be scared and I want her to come and bring the baby back. Now it was my turn to try and get into Tory's backyard.

Major fail. I have absolutely NO upper arm strength. I stood there peeking over the fence for a good fifteen minutes. When I turned around his other neighbor -James- was standing there with his English Mastiff. At first I had no clue is was James. Startled I start gibbering on about "My cat's stray girlfriend had babies, she took off with one. I tried calling Troy, tried going to his mothers house." Finally he stops my late night Psychobabble and says to me he's going to lock up his dog and let me in his backyard.


Thinking hubby was still out front and had an eye on me, I went through his house into his backyard to try and find mama cat. No such luck James even offered and got a ladder for me to stand on, after trying to jump on the fence. Tired I finally said "Well thank you for letting me come back here and look." and started back home. Hubby had no clue I was over there and a little miffed off that I went into a strangers house without his knowledge. Understandably.

This morning when I woke up all the kittens were gone. Or so I thought!

 
As I picked up the blanket I had place down for the little babies this one fell out. I am hopeful that mama didn't mean to leave it behind and comes back. Until then I will play its surrogate mother.
 
xoxo 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment